Safety and Health
The safety and health of our employees and communities is paramount to our work culture. Ndalamo is committed to introducing and sustaining a healthy and safe working environment.
We place a high priority on health and safety.
Safety and Health approach
At Ndalamo we aim to:
- Develop healthier and safer operations through maintaining a “zero harm” approach,
- Decrease our Total Incident Frequency Rate (TIFR),
- Increase our safety awareness and learning opportunities across the organisation,
- Increase engagements between leaders and employees regarding safety (through a Visible Felt Leadership programme),
- Increase employee awareness on management of chronic diseases (wellness days) at all Operations,
- Increase access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to assist those suffering with work or non-work-related issues and
- ensure there is a reduction and prevention of absolute numbers of occupational health diseases across the Organization.
Central to our goal of Zero Harm is our commitment to develop, implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems that drive continual improvement.
Appropriate risk management systems exist for all production sites.
Our employees are provided with appropriate and on-going training and protective gear to prevent injuries and health risks not only to protect their own safety and health but that of their fellow employees too.
- A zero-tolerance approach will save lives and protect the environment.
- Be responsible and accountable.
- Embrace the culture of learning from previous incidents.
- Respect and protect the culture, beliefs and heritage of the communities in which we operate.
- Simple, non-negotiable standards and rules.